Indie Developer Resources
- Ukie Guides to Getting Investment Ready - a series of guides from industry experts (bottom of page)
- Gamesindustry.biz Academy - written guides to understanding many aspects of the games industry, from the team at gamesindustry.biz.
- NCSC's Guide to Cyber Security - Guidance from the National Cyber Security Centre on how organisations can protect themselves in cyberspace, including the 10 steps to cyber security.
- presskit() - Rami Ismail's presskit template for game studios
- toolkit() - Presskit, contract and media distribution tools from Vlambeer.
- Ukie Standard Contracts - standard contract templates created specifically for games businesses
- Global Games Industry Virtual Events Calendar - a Trello board compiled by Liam Twose of online games industry events.
- Games Conference Guide - A filterable list of game developers and games industry events, conferences, trade shows and summits worldwide.
- Games Opportunities - a free newsletter for opportunties in the UK games sector, curated by Colin Macdonald.
- Game Discoverability Now - A blog by Simon Carless providing a regular look at how to help people find and buy your games.
Pitching to Publishers
- Raw Fury's Developer Resources - an archive of helpful templates, including a publishing agreement, pitch deck template, mutual NDA and financial scenario planner.
- Chucklefish's Pitching Guide - Practical advice on how best to approach publishers and an example pitch deck, from indie publisher Chucklefish.
- Sample Pitch Deck - A template pitch deck for showcasing games to funders, created by Gwen Foster of Robot Teddy.
- Video Game Pitch Decks - A collection of pitch presentations from game creators around the world and the outcomes of each sample, curated by Evva Karr.
- Fundamentally Games' Templates - Developer-friendly templates for pitching, marketing planning, LiveOps and business strategy.
Game Development Resources
- Learn Unity - how to get started programming in one of the most popular game engines
- GDC Vault - a library of videos from panels at the annual Game Developers Conference, with advice on game design and development
- Free for Dev - a list of software "as a service" (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, etc.) and other offerings with a focus towards infrastructure / ops, that have free tiers for developers
- Game Accessibility Guidelines - a straightforward reference for inclusive game design
- Game Maker's Toolkit - a youtube channel deep diving into game design, level design, and game production
- Games Press - one-stop archive of game press releases
- Indie Boothcraft - a guide to exhibiting your game at a convention
- Magic Tools - a long list of tools, resources, assets and software for game development
- onlinegamedev - an archive of online game development tools
- PixelProsepctor - an archive of helpful resources for game developers
- Level Design - In Pursuit of Better Levels - a collated resource of level design tips, curated by @TychoBolt
- Start Making Games - A simple, one-stop, shop for some sound advice for starting out making games, curated by US game designer Craig Morrison
- PitchYaGame - a Twitter initiative to help promote indie developers
Indie Dev Data Insights
- ICO Partners Steam Newsletter - free regular email rounding up all the games released on Steam each week
- 'Steam in 2019' Analysis - by Sergio Garcia
- Cultist Simulator Mobile - Our First Year - by Weather Factory
- Cultist Simulator's Mobile Launch - Weather Factory
- A Year of Monument Valley 2 - ustwo games
- Monument Valley in Numbers: Year 2 - ustwo games
- Monument Valley in Numbers - ustwo games