Careers in the Games Industry
Careers Guidance Resources
- BAFTA Guru: Games - Interviews, lectures and articles from leading figures in the games industry, giving advice based on their own experiences.
- ScreenSkills Games - A breakdown of some of the most common job roles in the industry, with explanations of what each role involves and some of the skills required.
- Discover Creative Careers - Resource which enables aspiring games workers to narrow down roles based on what they enjoy
- Prospects: Video game careers - Games careers information from the graduate guidance organisation, Prospects
- Ask About Games: A Rough Guide to Game Careers - A guide from Ask About Games on roles in the industry and what each role involves
- Into Games: Games Careers Explorer - An extensive database of games industry roles, searchable by discipline or by your own interests, all explained in friendly language
- Start Making Games - A simple, one-stop, shop for some sound advice for starting out making games, curated by US game designer Craig Morrison
- Screenskill's Information & Resources - Screen sector research, masterclasses, career maps and other useful information published by ScreenSkills and trusted partners.
- Writers' Guild of Great Britain - Writing for videogames: a guide for game writers and those who work with them - a comprehensive guide to the day-to-day of writing in the games industry.
One Minute Mentor
One Minute Mentor is a careers resource from Digital Schoolhouse in which games industry professionals give short talks on what their roles involve and give advice to inspire future talent. Each of these videos is around a minute long, with a figures from a wide range of disciplines in the industry involved with the initiative.
UK Games Industry Jobs Listings
- Aardvark Swift Video Games
- Games Jobs Direct
- Games Jobs Live
- GI Biz: Jobs
- MCV Jobs
- OPM Jobs
- Remote Games Jobs